Frequently Asked Questions
BSG brings a practical approach to consulting and technology services. We help business and IT leaders work together to solve their most important problems.
Leveraging 20-years’ experience, we combine specific skillsets to:
- Make smarter business decisions by using data
- Understand and meet customers’ needs
- Make the right technology investment decisions
- Protect businesses and their customers from risk by ensuring regulatory compliance
We work with our clients to successfully journey from need to result, utilising data analytics and customer experience knowledge to transform operational platforms and optimise customer interfaces to deliver the customer experiences they need. We use a multi-skilled delivery approach, incorporating data analytics, and Lean, Agile and UX approaches to drive out solutions and execute against business and technology strategy.
Banking, specialised financial services, insurance, telecommunications, oil and gas, retail, media and FMCG.
We enable the execution of business and technology strategy by combining data analytics with analysis and design, software development and delivery management.
While we respect the privacy of our clients – they cover a range of banks, asset finance houses, financial services groups, insurers, oil and gas companies, medical aid insurers, life insurance and investment companies and mobile networks.
Approximately 150 people across our Johannesburg and Cape Town offices.
Johannesburg and Cape Town
BSG is part of Hosken Consolidated Investments Limited (HCI), a black empowerment investment holding company, which is listed in the financial sector on the JSE Securities Exchange South Africa. HCI’s major shareholder is the South African Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
Level 3 B-BEE contributor. BSG management and employees hold a 60% majority share, with HCI owning the remaining 40%. HCI is in turn majority owned by the South African Clothing and Textile Workers Union (SACTWU).
Corporate citizenship is important to BSG, as we believe in being a proactive force for positive change.
- We represent the ICT industry on various university faculty advisory boards
- We believe in growing the future through our annual internship programme, offering internships designed to deliver maximum value and development opportunity
- Graduates who join us as part of our graduate development programme undergo a 12-month experiential learning-based programme, strategically crafted to ensure the access to all career possibilities available at BSG
Through our support of the LEAP Science and Maths Schools, we positively impact maths and science education in South Africa.