Frequently Asked Questions

What does BSG do?

BSG is a consulting and technology company with 20 years’ experience.  We bridge the gap between business and IT, enabling leaders to work together to solve important problems.  BSG accelerates performance by unlocking potential and growing our clients’ people.  Journeying with clients from needs to results, BSG utilises fact-based decision-making to design practical, customer-centric solutions to deliver business benefits quickly.

We partner with companies to optimise the customer journey and ensure cost savings, revenue generation, customer satisfaction and employee engagement.  BSG does this by focusing on business operational platforms and business customer interfaces. Driving new efficiencies for clients BSG turns complexity into competitive advantage by ensuring the right technology, processes and people are in place to reduce costs and manage risk. BSG incorporates a Lean, Agile and UX approach to drive solutions that engage customers and create a great experience while increasing revenues and margins.

What sectors does BSG have experience in?

Banking, specialised financial services, insurance, telecommunications, oil and gas, retail, media and FMCG.

What are BSG’s capabilities?

Delivery management through strategy execution, analysis and design (including CX / UX), software development, business analytics.

Who are BSG’s clients?

While we respect the privacy of our clients – they cover a range of banks, asset finance houses, financial services groups, insurers, oil and gas companies, medical aid insurers, life insurance and investment companies and mobile networks.

How many people does BSG employ?

170

Where are BSG’s offices located?

Johannesburg and Cape Town

Is BSG listed on the JSE?

BSG is part of Hosken Consolidated Investments Limited (HCI), a black empowerment investment holding company, which is listed in the financial sector on the JSE Securities Exchange South Africa. HCI’s major shareholder is the South African Clothing and Textile Workers Union.

What is BSG’s shareholding?

Level 3 B-BEE contributor. BSG management and employees hold a 60% majority share, with HCI owning the remaining 40%. HCI is in turn majority owned by the South African Clothing and Textile Workers Union (SACTWU).

What corporate citizenship does BSG participate in?
  • Corporate citizenship is important to BSG, as we believe in being a proactive force for positive change. BSG represents the ICT industry on various university advisory boards
  • We believe in growing the future through our annual internship programme, offering Information Science and Computer Science honours students an internship designed to ensure interns receive optimal value from the experience
  • Graduates who join BSG through our graduate programme will undergo a 12-month experiential learning-based programme, strategically crafted to ensure the graduate can fully explore all career possibilities available at BSG.
  • Through our support of the LEAP Science and Maths Schools, BSG is positively impacting science and math’s education in South Africa