Technology: Demand Owner
An exciting opportunity has arisen at BSG for the role of a Technology Demand Owner. The Demand Owner is primarily a relationship-sales focused role, responsible for technology revenue targets being met:
- Executing a Relationship Sales plan for Technology, in line with BSG’s sales strategy that shows how the revenue targets for Technology will be met through a combination of client segment / industry, individual client account, client needs and BSG offerings.
- Across Acquisition (new client account relationships), Penetration (new individual client relationships in existing accounts) and Retention (extension of existing relationships).
- Establish relationships across the BSG ecosystem to ensure the commitments made during the sales cycle are fulfilled by the relevant areas of supply, by holding the Capability Leads accountable for recruiting, retaining and developing talent to meet demand (as per the Relationship Sales Wheel, i.e. satisfying the customer, managing and growing the account).
The Demand Owner will also be responsible for the leadership of the Technology Professional Services team.
Degree essential. Relevant Honours Degree (Commerce and IT)
10+ years of relevant experience ideally in a Business and IT related field including experience in:
- Relationship Sales Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Consulting in Professional Services Leading Projects
- Leadership of a Software Development Team
- Profit line management accountability
- Planning & executing against that plan in order to build client relationships with new / existing clients, based on an anticipated or known set of client problems to be address through a range of Consulting offerings
- Planning and executing to penetrate clients with new / existing service offering
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Creating options and presenting
- Closing the sale, negotiation and sales execution
- Industry insights
- Business consulting
- Executive relationships in targeted client environments
- Software development methodology and execution
- To drive Technology revenue pipeline generation from a sales execution perspective, so that overall targets for Technology are achieved, through Technology revenue target realisation (as defined by annual revenue sales strategy)
- Support enhanced profitability through a pipeline of opportunities that are positioned in a customer-centric and fact-based manner, including shaping and execution based on BSG areas of offering (vs traditionally selling capabilities) within new and existing clients.
- To build trust with executive decision-makers in client environments to enable BSG to shape the approach for Technology engagements, off an already well established set of client relationships.
- To build trust with client decision-makers to enable BSG to ‘Be the Difference’ in applying a customer-centric and fact-based approach to help our clients to solve important business problems.
- To support key Professional Services game plan initiatives to position BSG effectively from a sales execution perspective to ensure the right positioning and optimal relationships and opportunities in a client environment resulting in offering-led engagements.
- To ensure sales activities follow the required process (all elements of the Relationship Sales wheel) / tools / methods within Penetration sales.
- Create efficiencies in the sales planning of existing clients so that it is clear how we practically plan to achieve our annual revenue targets, through focus and while managing the cost of sales effort appropriately.
- Responsible for software quality and delivery management
- Understand existing clients in depth to effectively anticipate where BSG is able to support. This requires critical thinking and insights to be utilised to effectively position BSG in existing clients through advisory services and offering-led offerings.
- Line Management:
- Selection of Technology staff through the recruitment process
- Performance management of senior Technology staff
- Responsible for overall performance management of Software team
- Continuous improvement of Technology career planning (master contribution areas, development plans, curricula, etc.)
- Responsible for staff costs including recruitment and remuneration committee motivations
Skills and Abilities:
- Structured but flexible approach to Relationship Sales in line with the PS Game Plan and against all elements of the Sales Wheel
- Ability to plan both logistical and for delivery
- Critical thinking skills Creating practical options for the Client in order to move along the sales wheel
- Engage with Senior stakeholders (executives) at existing clients – both verbal and written to create desire
- Ability to deal with pressure, to keep going until the outcome is achieved
- Able to get results from / through others
- Ability to draft core reports and documents in line with stated business requirements
- Ability to create effective internal networks to leverage experience, knowledge and research
Key Performance Areas:
- Grow revenue – revenue achieved in the client environment [expect an annual revenue target of R 20 M – R 40 M]
- Grow revenue – Professional Services technology revenue pipeline as per the sales strategy
- Increase profitability – Client / Client segment GP and GP%
- Utilisation & Rates – Drive consistent demand for Technology offerings and capabilities
- Client Satisfaction- Continue to impress clients in terms of our ability to deliver (and promises made during the sales cycle)
- Client Satisfaction – Continue to build the trust our clients place in us to share accountability for helping them to solve important business problems in a customer-centric and fact-based manner
- Material risks / Material issues – Number of Material risks /issues that exist which are not mitigated or explicitly accepted
- Material risks / material issues – Contracts at risk
- Relationships to create Professional Services Pipeline – Client month-end pipeline vs budget as a basis is visible on CMS
- Grow Professional Services – Meeting Technology recruitment and retention targets
- Share knowledge – Profile BSG to build trust in our Technology offerings and value proposition
- Execute penetration sales opportunities against the Professional Services Game Plan / Sales Strategy
- Execute penetration sales opportunities against the Relationship Sales Wheel
- Execute penetration sales for areas of offering, delivered through capability
- Profile BSG’s Technology capability and offerings
- Job design, goal setting and delegation of work; monitoring and measurement against performance goals; rewards and motivation and censure/discipline, coaching