Frequently Asked Questions
What does BSG do?
BSG is an African consulting and technology company with a proud history of using common sense to simply get the job done. We help business and IT leaders to work together to solve their most important problems.
Leveraging over 20-years’ experience, we combine specific skillsets to:
- Make smarter data driven-decisions
- Help you, our client, create the experience your customers need
- Make the right technology investment decisions (BSG is technology agnostic)
- Protect businesses and their customers from risk by ensuring regulatory compliance
We work with our clients to successfully journey from need to result. We use data science and customer experience insights to ensure changes to operational platforms and customer interfaces create the experiences your customers need. We use multi-skilled teams and combining data science with analysis and design, software development and delivery management to execute against business and technology strategies.
What sectors does BSG have experience in?
Banking, specialised financial services, insurance, telecommunications, oil and gas, retail, media and FMCG.
What are BSG’s capabilities?
We use multi-skilled teams and incorporate data analytics, Lean, Agile, Waterfall and UX approaches to drive out solutions and execute against business and technology strategy.
Who are BSG’s clients?
We respect the privacy of our clients, but can say they cover a range of banks, asset finance houses, financial services groups, insurers, oil and gas companies, medical aid providers, life insurance and investment companies, and mobile networks.
How many people does BSG employ?
BSG employs approximately 150 people in South Africa.
Where are BSG’s offices located?
We have offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Is BSG listed on the JSE?
BSG is part of Hosken Consolidated Investments Limited (HCI), a black empowerment investment holding company, which is listed in the financial sector on the JSE Securities Exchange South Africa. HCI’s major shareholder is the South African Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
What is BSG’s B-BBEE rating?
Generic ICT Level 2 B-BBEE contributor.
What corporate citizenship does BSG participate in?
Corporate citizenship is important to BSG, as we believe in being a proactive force for positive change.
- We represent the ICT industry on various university faculty advisory boards
- We believe in growing the future through our annual internship programme, offering internships designed to deliver maximum value and development opportunity
- Graduates who join us as part of our graduate development programme undergo a 12-month experiential learning-based programme, strategically crafted to ensure the access to all career possibilities available at BSG
Through our support of the LEAP Science and Maths Schools, we positively impact maths and science education in South Africa.