BSG will store any personal information that you provide us with via this website. BSG may also collect information relating to your use of our website through the Internet.
BSG is entitled to use your personal information for purposes connected with the reason that you entered the information on the website.
BSG will take reasonable measures to delete personal information that has become obsolete. Over the period that your personal information is being used and for a period of at least 1 (one) year thereafter, BSG will keep a record of your personal information and the purpose for which it is stored.
Should you so request, in writing, we will delete your personal information.
You acknowledge and accept that BSG cannot take any responsibility for any of your personal information that is collected outside the scope of this agreement by any intermediary or other third party whether or not any data relating to you is conveyed through such party’s network or computers.
Your personal information will not be sold, divulged or made available to any third party except as mentioned in this policy and unless required or permitted by law.
Although BSG will take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information, should it fail to do so for any reason, you acknowledge that you will have no claim whatsoever against BSG.
The cookie.js and saveFormValues.js scripts are provided for free by http://www.howtocreate.co.uk.
Access To Information Act
Business Systems Group (Africa) (Pty) Limited is a solution delivery company, delivering business and software solutions to our clients to help them operationalize their business strategies.
Section 51 Manual for Private Bodies
THIS MANUAL HAS BEEN PREPARED IN TERMS OF SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS
TO INFORMATION ACT 2 / 2000 Section 51(1)(a)
Company Contact Details – Section 51 (1)(a)
Name of Business: Business Systems Group (Africa) (Pty) Ltd
Registration Number: 1996/12533/07
Information Officer: Jurie Schoeman (Chief Executive Officer)
Chief Operating Officer: Greg Reis, acting (Executive Chairman of BSG Board of Directors)
Physical Address: The Towers – South Tower, 18th Floor, 2 Heerengracht Street, Corner Hertzog Boulevard, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8000
Postal Address: PO Box 2657, Cape Town, 8000
Telephone: 021 418 0888
Fax: 021 418 0999
The South African Human Rights Commission Guide to the Act
The Guide is available from the South African Human Rights Commission.
Please direct queries to: The South African Human Rights Commission, PAIA Unit, The Research and Documentation Department:
Postal Address: Private Bag 2700, Houghton, 2041
Telephone: +27 11 484-8300
Fax: +27 11 484-0582
Records held in terms of applicable legislation – Section 51 (1)(d)
Information is available in terms of the following legislation, if and where applicable:
- Companies Act No. 61 of 1973
- Copyright Act No. 98 of 1978
- Employment Equity Act No. 55 of 1998
- Income Tax Act No. 95 of 1967
- Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 1995
- Value Added Tax Act No. 89 of 1991
- Skills Development Levies Act No. 9 of 1999
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act No. 75 of 1997
- Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 85 of 1993
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002
- Promotion of Access of Information Act No. 2 of 2000
- Unemployment Insurance Act No. 30 of 1996
Freely available information – Section 51 (1) ( c)
The BSG website contains the following information:
- Business Solutions services and Software Solution services provided by BSG
- Information on the consultants at BSG
- Promotional information and brochures
- Project case studies
- Articles on BSG published by the Media
- Address details of both the Cape Town and Johannesburg offices
Records held as a matter of standard practice – Section 51 (1)(e)
- Operational information
- Operational information can be defined as information required for the day-to-day running of the company. (Examples of such information are: internal phone lists, address lists, company policies and general company information)
- Human resources
- Employment conditions/service agreements
- Employee records
- Remuneration and benefits
- Employment equity reports
- Occupational health and safety records
- Financial and management information
- Annual Financial Statements
- Accounting reports/records
- Management reports
- Tax records
Making a request in terms of the Act
Form of request:
- The information listed in this manual is available from the company by means of a request as prescribed in Section 53 of the Act, using the prescribed form available on the South African Human Rights Commission website, see URL link below.
- Requests can be addressed to the Information Officer or Operations Manager at the address and/or contact details as indicated in paragraph 2.
- The requester must provide sufficient details on the request from to enable the Company to identify the record and the requester. The requestor should also indicate which form of access is required.
- The requester must identify the right that he or she is seeking to exercise or protect and provide an explanation as to why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right.
- A requestor is required to pay the prescribed fees (R50.00) before a request will be processed;
- If the preparation of the record requested requires more than the prescribed hours (six), a deposit shall be paid (of not more than one third of the access fee which would be payable if the request were granted);
- A requestor may lodge an application with a court against the tender/payment of the request fee and/or deposit;
- Records may be withheld until the fees have been paid.
- The fee structure is available on the website of the SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION at www.sahrc.org.za.
The company reserves the right to refuse information where it falls under a specified exemption as set out in Chapter 4 of the Act (sections 62-70).
Whilst the company endeavors to ensure that the published information is accurate, complete and updated on a regular basis, no representation is made regarding the fitness of such information.