Drive your career and gain experience across domains and industries
through our experiential Internship Programme.
KICK START YOUR CAREER IN CONSULTING OR TECHNOLOGY
At BSG, you have a genuine opportunity to be in the driving seat of your career through exposure to multiple domains, across a range of industries.
Every year, BSG offers Honours and Masters students, with relevant undergraduate qualifications, an internship during their June/July vacation. Our internship programme is designed to support individual performance and development. This ensures our interns receive optimal value from the experience. Our Consulting and Technology teams recognise individuals for who they are and work with them to maximise their unique potential.
WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
- Work alongside BSG consultants and developers on projects in client environments, delivering real-world solutions
- Upfront developmental assessment with a tailored coaching plan
- A dedicated Career Facilitator
- An on-the-ground Mentor
- A four-week performance review, providing a snapshot of your development
- An interview process after which successful interns will be offered a permanent role at BSG and a space in our Graduate Development Programme
- Studying towards an Honours or Masters degree with relevant major (Information Systems, Statistics, Data Science, Informatics, Engineering, etc.)
- Interpersonal and personal mastery skills
- Good communication (written and verbal)
- Positive, proactive approach to life
- Willingness to learn
- Empathy for others
- Ability to self-direct and hold one’s self accountable
- Desire to create “stretch” opportunities and willingness to explore learning opportunities to the fullest
YOU’LL BE EXPOSED TO:
- Analysis of business problems and structuring solutions and approaches to solve them
- Innovative business and technology trends
- Modelling data, process, information and technology solutions
- Developing and delivering new technologies with traditional and agile methods
- Using data-driven approaches and model effectively
During your internship, you'll work alongside BSG consultants and developers in our client environments, delivering real-world solutions, exposing you to multiple domains, across a range of industries. You will join teams that recognise individuals for who they are and work with them to maximise their unique potential. Through an upfront developmental assessment, your dedicated career facilitator and on-the-ground mentor will put together a tailored coaching plan for you. This, combined with the performance growth review at the end of your 4-week internship, will provide a snapshot of your development over the time.
Complete the online application form
UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCS
Submit a one-page “Why you and why BSG?” motivation, your CV, a recent photo, and your matric and university results
REVIEW AND FEEDBACK
You'll receive feedback within four weeks of the application deadline
Complete your four-week internship, during which you'll spend time on-the-ground working on client projects
Our Graduate Development Programme at a glance
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) combines technical development, EQ mastery and broad-based experiential training. This programme is uniquely positioned to support your transition into the working environment. Our approach enables you to accelerate you career and create positive change for yourself and our clients.
This 12-month blended learning programme integrates formal training and experiential project-based learning. Consultants and developers joining our GDP are typically placed in project environments within the first two weeks of the programme. With focused mentoring and coaching, we are able to deliver on our people value proposition, while developing first-class consultants and developers.