Our Johannesburg office is situated in Houghton Estate, within walking distance of the Rosebank Gautrain station.
There are opportunities at BSG for individuals with Business Solutions Consulting skills to join our Analysis and Design Capability. Candidates must possess excellent business and technology analysis skills, estimation and planning, facilitation and presentation, and must produce high-quality deliverables and documentation. Candidates must have a keen interest in analysing and designing customer-centric, fact-based solutions and must demonstrate a desire to see business transformation projects through from conceptualisation to implementation, taking full accountability for delivery. Candidates will be required to collaborate in multi-skilled teams, with a focus on coaching and mentoring others, as well as continuously developing their own skills.
Main Purpose of the Role Owning the delivery of business solutions on client projects, from conceptualisation to implementation. Leading a team of 1 or more junior consultants in the process of understanding and defining business problems, as well as gathering and analysing requirements (customer, data, business, and process and technology requirements) in order to design and develop innovative business solutions which address the needs of the client’s end-customer, business and technology.
About the role
- To help clients to contextualise and articulate business problems through the use of data, domain knowledge, industry expertise, research, insights and capability skills.
- To shape the project delivery approach and associated execution plan (including associated governance and benefits case).
- To elicit and document customer, data, business, process and technology requirements from stakeholders by facilitating workshops and conducting presentations.
- To translate requirements into customer-centric solution designs, which can then be built and implemented. Includes presenting designs to business and technology stakeholders.
- To own risk and issue management by adhering to governance and assurance standards and assisting in the administration thereof (in conjunction with the established governance structures).
- To work effectively as part of and manage a multi-disciplinary project team in a collaborative and professional manner to deliver end-to-end business solutions.
- To own the performance management of project team members.
- To own the project-related commercial management of the engagement in conjunction with the Client Executive.
- To own the Quality Assurance process for own work as well as that of the project team.
- Relevant Tertiary Degree: e.g. BBusSci or Bcom Information Systems/Informatics (Honours degree preferable).
- Additional Qualifications: e.g. Masters in Informations Systems or equivalent.
- Certifications: e.g. Prince2, PMP, CUA/CXA or equivalent.
- 4-7 years in the relevant industry, solving complex business and technology problems through analysis, design and implementation of business solutions within a project environment
- Evidence of team management and taking ownership for specific project outcomes
- Must possess basic project management skills such as estimation, planning and risk & issue management
- Communication skills mastery (including workshop facilitation and presentation skills to senior management levels).
- Business writing skills.
- Quality assurance throughout the project lifecycle (for own work and that of others).
- Risk and issue management (within an established governance framework or adpated based on project needs)
- Requirement elicitation and data gathering skills (including client interviews).
- Contextual awareness developed through prior learning and experience
- Ability to interpret and analyse a business problem and document it according to best practice standards (includes the ability to articulate this for team members as well).
- Ability to leverage off prior knowledge and skills to suggest a design and approach in order to best deliver a business solution
- Ability to interpret a solution design and architecture and assess potential technical impacts
- Project-related commercial management skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders (at all levels)
- Ability to lead and and work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary project to deliver a solution
- Ability to conduct research and leverage knowledge assets in order to support customer-centric, fact-based decision-making.
- Business case development and articulation of value delivered.
- Ability to lead teams and manage performance against expected outcomes.
- Ability to estimate and plan own work and work packages for team members.
- Problem solving through critical thinking and an ability to innovate.
- Openness (relationships, information)
- Collaboration (in teams, with clients)
- Practical Focus (plans, solutions, technical problem solving)
- Delivery Focus (value, excellence)
- Empathy towards clients and staff
- Good communicator
- Willing & helpful
- Able to work well under pressure
- Holds self accountable
- Delivery focussed
- Quality driven
- Trustworthy (open & honest)
- Willing to travel