Our Johannesburg office is situated in Houghton Estate, within walking distance of the Rosebank Gautrain station.
We are looking for management consultants with a passion for strategy to join our collaborative, engaged and passionate Business Strategy Consulting team.
Are you are passionate about bringing insightful guidance to our clients that shapes the future of their businesses and help them to achieve that vision? Are you are inspired to create an executable strategic plan, that empowers positive transformation for our clients and their customers? One that will positively impact the lives of people everywhere?
Do you have the skills and tenacity to contribute to the growth of business strategies that are emodied within a digital future? Do you want to work with the most talented people in South Africa? Then you will love it here!
Main Purpose of the Role
Engage a multi-skilled BSG ecosystem spanning Strategy, Data Science, Technology, Analysis and Design and Delivery Management, in order to bring insightful and pragmatic strategic guidance to our clients. One that shapes how they leverage international benchmarks, fused together with a reality of the local context their businesses operate within. So that, in partnership with our clients’ executive teams we collectively achieve the benefits and outcomes that are beyond the reach of ordinary people.
About the role
- A tertiary degree with honours that has given you an opportunity to grow your problem solving skills.
- For example: BBusSci, BCom, BSc Eng, BEng or BSc
- 5-12 years consulting experience
- A track record of successfully of shaping and leading business and technology change
- Experience in working with key decision makers at the highest levels across industries
- Lead and motivate high energy teams
- Build real and lasting relationships at the top levels of our clients
- Coach and mentor other consultants to grow skills and drive effective delivery
- Understand the impact of business trends and emerging technology on our clients
- Work with our clients to create innovative solutions to business problems and customer needs
- Communicate the required change in person and through writing
- Drive the execution of key initiatives required to bring strategy to life
- Support the relationship sales process
- Profile the BSG brand to attract talent and build further client opportunities
- Ability to structure and solve problems and communicate solutions
- Ability to collaborate with both BSG and client team members
- Primary and secondary research
- Data gathering and analysis
- Awareness of project planning and delivery management
- Conducting client interviews and workshops
- Facilitating workshops
- Awareness of IT practices and solution design
- Exposure to design thinking, lean start-up and agile practices
- Openness (relationships, information)
- Collaboration (in teams, with clients)
- Practical Focus (plans, solutions, technical problem solving)
- Delivery Focus (value, excellence)
- Empathy towards clients and staff
- Good communicator
- Willing & helpful
- Able to work well under pressure
- Holds self accountable
- Delivery focussed
- Quality driven
- Trustworthy (open & honest)
- Willing to travel
Note: We give full consideration to every applicant’s fit to this role, so if you decide to apply and you do not hear from BSG within a maximum of a four week period, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time.