Our Johannesburg office is situated in Houghton Estate, within walking distance of the Rosebank Gautrain station.
This role will be based in our Johannesburg office and at client sites, as needed in line with project requirements. BSG subscribes to a hybrid delivery model, with a blend of WFH and WFO. Own connectivity essential for WFH. Own transport essential.
We are looking for experienced Data and Analytics Architects with a passion for working with data and constructing innovative, enterprise-scale data and analytics solutions. Are you a passionate technologist with an interest in technical specialisation or team and people leadership? Do you have advanced knowledge and a proven track record building best practice insight-led solutions that enable and use automated data pipelines, machine learning and advanced data transformation and processing principles? If you share our conviction that insight-led decision making will make a difference in the lives of others, if you are inspired by solutions that empower positive change and have the skills and tenacity to contribute and grow towards their realisation, you will love it here!
Main purpose of the role
You will be a senior technical member of the Data and Analytics (DnA) team, focused on leading and assuring the delivery of best-of-breed technical data and analytics solutions for our clients. By applying excellence in data architecture design and agile DnA solution development principles, design patterns, solution architecture and machine learning, you will lead the design and development of innovative solutions by bringing insightful guidance to our clients that shapes how they leverage relevant and emerging technology to help solve our clients key business problems.
About the role
- A tertiary degree with honours that provided you an opportunity to grow your problem-solving skills within a technology context. e.g., BBusSci, BCom (IS), BSc Eng., BEng or BSc
- Data and Architecture related certifications (e.g., DAMA, Data Vault, TOGAF, Zachman Framework) or relevant experience.
- One or more Data and Analytics-related (Data engineering, Big Data, Data Science or Machine Learning) technology certifications (Architect level): IBM, Microsoft, Informatica, Ab Initio, Cloudera, SAS, SAP
- Data and Analytics related Cloud-technology certifications will be an added advantage: AWS or Azure
- 10+ years’ overall work experience in the field of Data and Analytics
- Data science lifecycle and machine learning deployment frameworks
- Understanding of different tiers of software architecture including, Client layer, Web layer, Application layer, Backend layer, Data layer and how each layer will interact with each other.
- Applying statistical techniques
- Data quality management
- Consulting business management
- Solution sales approaches
- Data-related regulations (e.g. POPIA, BCBS239, GDPR)
- Data Architecture methodologies and frameworks like DAMA, Kimball,
- Data Vault, Data Mesh
- Cloud Platform architectures for Data and Analytics (preferred AWS and Azure).
- Lead the development of robust data pipelines that support real-time or batch machine learning predictive solutions
- Natural leadership and the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships
- Display high levels of initiative in all aspects of your career progression
- Evidence of working with others and taking ownership for project deliverables
- Understanding of relational databases and how to interrogate data with high levels of proficiency
- Proven technical data design and data engineering background
- Experience in either DnA Strategy, Data Architecture, IT Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Design and/or technical delivery
- Ability to structure, solve problems and communicate solutions
- Strong problem-solving skill with the ability to architect proof-of-value and production data-led solutions using advanced analytics
- Ability to collaborate with both BSG and client team members
- Exposure to design thinking, lean start-up, and agile practices
- Systems and Data Analysis and Design
- Understanding of cloud technology and how it impacts data analytics solutions
- Enterprise Data Architecture Design and Practices
- Data Modelling Design in various patterns (ERD, Dimensional, Data Vault, NoSQL)
- Openness (relationships, information)
- Collaboration (in teams, with clients)
- Practical Focus (plans, solutions, technical problem solving)
- Delivery Focus (value, excellence)
- Empathy towards clients and staff
- Good communicator
- Willing & helpful
- Able to work well under pressure
- Holds self accountable
- Delivery focussed
- Quality driven
- Trustworthy (open & honest)
- Willing to travel (own transport essential)
Note: We give full consideration to every applicant’s fit. If you do not hear from BSG within four weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time.