There are opportunities at BSG to join a collaborative, engaged and passionate, world-class homegrown development team. If you are inspired by great code, have the skills and tenacity to lead the achievements of great local talent and the willingness to learn and grow through growing others, you will love it here!
Main Purpose of the Role
Lead and grow the internal development and engineering teams. Ensure BSG has the most appropriate internal application architecture to enable an efficient “factory floor”. Work with the Delivery Manager to ensure the internal run and change is delivered with quality and according to business priorities. Work with Practice Leads to grow the Technology Capability. Recruit strong, capable developers and engineers.
About the role
We look for people who are able to work in a team. We need to flex between different roles, and everyone helps and everyone is helped. We are stronger together than we are individually.
At the same time, we need to have the courage to speak up and take a stand as needed. We need to speak truth to our clients, which at times is uncomfortable and difficult. We made turn down work that we don’t believe is in the client’s or our people best interests. This takes courage.
Relevant tertiary degree: CompSci / Engineering (Honours degree preferable)
Certifications: e.g. Relevant Java, CUA/CXA, SCRUM, SAFe, TOGAF, AWS, Azure etc.
5-8 years experience leading development teams and solving complex business and technology problems.
- Software Development “Polyglot” (Java non-negotiable, .NET preferred)
- IT Strategy
- Stakeholder Management
- Programme Management
- Project Management
- Cloud environments
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Facilitation and Presentation
- Analytical Skills
The Team Lead for Internal Application Development is a Manager of Others (MoO) role leading all the technology people developing the BSG internal application stack. The role reports to and is accountable to the Technology Capability lead.
- Openness (relationships, information)
- Collaboration (in teams, with clients)
- Practical Focus (plans, solutions, technical problem solving)
- Delivery Focus (value, excellence)
- Empathy towards clients and staff
- Good communicator
- Willing and helpful
- Service orientated
- Able to cope with pressure and setback to a high degree
- Demonstrates positive and proactive holistic wellness coping strategies
- Inclusive leader who holds team and others accountable and recognises positive contribution
- Analytical thinker
- Delivery focussed
- Quality driven
- Trustworthy (open and honest)
- Time flexible
- Must have own transport