There are opportunities at BSG to join a collaborative, engaged and passionate, world-class homegrown development team. If you are inspired by great code, have the skills and tenacity to lead the achievements of great local talent and the willingness to learn and grow through growing others, you will love it here!
Main Purpose of the Role
Lead and grow the client-facing development and engineering teams. Support sales teams in client acquisition, retention and expansion. Work with Practice Leads to grow the Technology Capability and develop client interest. Support client solutioning to ensure we deliver the best solutions to our clients, offering our people challenging work. Recruit strong, capable developers and engineers.
About the role
The Team Lead for Client-facing Development is a senior Manager of Others, accountable for leading the people in our Technology Capability doing client-facing development and engineering. The role reports to and is accountable to the Technology Capability lead.
Relevant tertiary degree: CompSci / Engineering (Honours degree preferable) Additional Qualifications: e.g. Masters in Computer science
Certifications: e.g. Relevant Java, CUA/CXA, SCRUM, SAFe, TOGAF, AWS, Azure etc.
8-10 years experience leading development teams and solving complex business and technology problems.
- Software Development “Polyglot” (Java non-negotiable, .NET preferred)
- IT Strategy
- Stakeholder Management
- Programme Management
- Project Management
- Cloud environments
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Facilitation and Presentation
We look for people who are able to work in a team. We need to flex between different roles, and everyone helps and everyone is helped. We are stronger together than we are individually.
At the same time, we need to have the courage to speak up and take a stand as needed. We need to speak truth to our clients, which at times is uncomfortable and difficult. We made turn down work that we don’t believe is in the client’s or our peoples’ best interests. This takes courage.
- Openness (relationships, information)
- Collaboration (in teams, with clients)
- Practical Focus (plans, solutions, technical problem solving)
- Delivery Focus (value, excellence)
- Empathy towards clients and staff
- Good communicator
- Willing and helpful
- Service orientated
- Able to cope with pressure and setback to a high degree
- Demonstrates positive and proactive holistic wellness coping strategies
- Inclusive leader who holds team and others accountable and recognises positive contribution
- Analytical thinker
- Delivery focussed
- Quality driven
- Trustworthy (open and honest)
- Time flexible
- Must have own transport